11/12/10

Hello Kitty.


The image above is a cake I made For Mac's fourth birthday. Needless to say, she (and everyone else for that matter) loved it.
I was pleased with myself for the following reasons:
1. It looks prettttyyyy good, imo.
2. The only fondant on that cake is the bow, eyes and nose. kitty herself is a carved cake iced in white buttercream icing. The whiskers are straws. Which goes to show, with the right finesse, you can have smooth icing without having to resort to coating your cake in fondant.
3. I made this cake after being awake for about 27 hours. Thanks to an all night cleaning shift at work, and going to a duck football game earlier that day. The same game where someone projectile vomited down the stairs, right next to me. Time to leave!

Speaking of work, I'm doing a lot of that lately! Gearing up for the holidays on that. Bakeries and grocery stores alike get hammered on during the holiday season, so please keep in mind that while you may be stressed about that big dinner you need to cook, we have to keep in stock all the goodies you're looking for, with a smile on our face, and a positive attitude at. all. times.
Which isn't too hard for me as I LOVE the holidays, and when it's busy at work, the day goes by a heck of a lot faster.
Did I mention I love the ridiculous amount of overtime/holiday pay I'll be getting?
Maybe that's why it's so easy. Hmm. :)

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment