6/8/10

Freedoooooooom! For now.

I'm making the best of the one day off I have this week.
I woke up with a burst of energy at the crack of....seven. I know that's normal for some, but not for me, when I don't even need to be awake! Since I was already up, I decided I would go do some serious deep cleaning in my kitchen. I tackled the monster pile of dishes in the sink, and re-organized one of our cupboards. It was such a wreck it was making my eye twitch every time I had to get something out of it. I now wish I would have taken a before and after picture. Le sigh. There's always the four other cupboards (and god forbid the fridge) that could use a face-lift. A girl can only do so much boring stuff in a day. I then made myself a delicious breakfast, (eggs and toast, muhaha) and did my usual knotting, and decided to come here, to you!
Since it was absolutely stunning outside yesterday, and I had to be inside working during the whole day (can I express how much distaste I have for working 1pm-930pm? Ready to go back the the ol' 830-5) I vowed that if it was half as nice today, I would treat myself. I was going to go get a new lawn chair, set it out in the back yard, and soak up the sun while I read a book and drank teeth-hurting cold mango-peach iced tea. However, all I see is cloud-cover. I'm trying not to lose hope, as it's still early, but we'll see.

Now for a shameless plug, as I'm all about winning stuff.
I've talked about her blog a lot, as it's one of the only ones I read, and hopefully she doesn't think I'm some creep-o stalker (what can I say? she has an AWESOME sense of humor, writes really well, and she DID get married on my birthday :D )...but Salt is doing a 200 post giveaway on her blog, and I'm all for entering it as many ways as I can.
I want the Hooty necklace!

Until next time,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I got married on your birthday!? Holy crap then that means 2.27 is the best day ever! :)

    Thank you so much for the plug and all the really nice things you just said. I'm all blushy now. Really I'm just happy when someone can make sense of my rambling. :)

    Oh and I'm just like you...normally on a day off, I'll sleep until...like...1pm. Not because I'm lazy, but just because I can. You have had an amazingly productive day so far! Maybe I'll try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete