6/11/10

Lo Cal. Hi Power.

Like I've been saying for the last 10,100 years, this weekend was going to be all about the graduation cakes. To plug through the day, I figured I would get a little help from my friend.


Sugar free Amp energy drink supplement. What? It IS. It even says so on the can. This drink is also known on the streets as crack in a can, or the liquid heart attack. I know, I know, these things are horrible for you and they turn your pee the colors of a highlighter, but I can't help myself. They make me super jittery and I can plow through orders like no one's business.

So, the lovely D and and I were slugging through these cake orders, which of course ALL had cream cheese icing*, and we were dragging a little. One thing led to another, and we ended up purchasing a couple of these little beauties. I of course, thought it was a good idea to chug mine down over a 30 min time period. The first time I did this, (yes, this an on-going thing) I told N and he looked at me like I was a crackhead. Apparently, "normal" people make these little 16 oz cans last an entire day. No, thanks. How am I supposed to get my jitter on if I don't down the whole thing in a matter of minutes? Don't look at me like I'm some caffine junkie! I could quit any time I wanted to. I just don't want to.

Anyways, we finish them off, and while I'm a little more peppy, I'm not quite the AMPedosity that I want to be at. Neither was D. So what do we do? Buy two more of course! Amp #2 is finished in about 22 mins. Mind you this was over a 3 hour period. D was a wimp and only got through half of hers, although, she did have a killer big americano that morning, so props to her for not dying.

At that point, I'm like a hummingbird on speed. Everything is amusing, and the jitter factor was through the roof. It got to the point where D had to finish one of my cakes so I could go to lunch because my hand was too shaky. You would think THAT would be enough to get me to lay off right? Not counting the energy crash I experienced at 3:30? Oh, no siree.

I had to stop by Fred Meyer to get some stuff for dinner, and what do I find? Amp is on sale. So I buy four. Don't worry though, I promise to share with N, and limit myself to one per day. I hope.

On the bright side, I ran/walked on the treadmill knee pain free for a couple hours today, while we watched The Girl Next Door. Did anyone remember that Paul Dano was in that? (the brother from Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, ect.)

Tomorrow is going to be just as, if not more hectic. At least the days go by fast. :)

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment