6/28/10

Wake up in the mornin'..

feelin' like P. Diddy a big piece of crap.

Sorry I've been MIA these last few days, but I've been working from 6-2:30 all weekend, and then reaping the benefits of an afternoon of sunshine, actually spent outside! I discovered I really enjoy that shift, as time goes by faster. However, the whole going to bed early would take some getting used to.
N's been dealing with some weird sinus issue this week. Long story short, the last two nights I've been waking up to the sound of him snoring, loudly, like a freight train. I immediately go into panic mode thinking I woke up suddenly because my alarm didn't go off at 5:20am. Then I realize, it's only 3. THEN I have an anxiety attack because he's snoring so loud, I think I'll be tired all day because how will I be able to fall back alsee.....ZzzzzZzzzz. Wake up feeling pumped! Not in the gross Jersey Shore sort of way.
Last night was not the same case. I'd say I ended up falling asleep around 10ish. I wake up at around 11 to N standing over me asking me to look at his face. I was still half asleep (trust me, weird things happen when I'm like this, the stories I could tell...) so I asked if he was splotchy? I guess I thought in my current state he was having an allergic reaction. To which I kept saying, "It looks fine! I don't see anything!" I remember him saying he didn't even tell me what I was looking for yet. Wanna know what it was? Duh-dun-na-nah!

HIS BEARD.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. The man woke me up to make sure his newly trimmed beard was even. WHAT. THE. HUH?! When I talked to him about today, he told me he needed my opinion so he didn't walk around like an un-even jack-ass-beard-guy. I love my husband to be, but I was a grumpo because of that.
So I go back to sleep. Wake up at 4:30 to the freight train pulling into the station. Right next to my face. Again, anxiety ridden. So I get the brilliant idiotic idea that I'll go into work at 5, not 6 like planned, and I'll get to leave an hour earlier, yay!
Someone should have slapped me upside the head.
By no means am I a morning person. I sleep in when I can, and enjoy a good nap. While working just an hour earlier completely threw me for a loop, I'll never know. I know not sleeping well played a big part, but whateva whateva. Never again will I voluntarily work at 5am. I should have known because when I was originally hired, they attempted to train me for the opening shift....at 4am. I would get physically ill and could not force myself to go to bed at 7:30 at night. However, for some reason 6am isn't as bad. Maybe it was because I got to decorate all weekend, I don't know.
What I do know is I'm so very glad we got rid of Comcast and we are very much enjoying our Directv. I also know that I am loving the sunny weather, regardless that it makes me sweat like a whore in church while at work. Also, going to an Ems game with N and my mom tomorrow!

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment