7/6/10

47 days to go.

When did THAT happen?

People say that the time just flies riiiiiiiight on by when you are planning a wedding. I'd agree with that statement about 62%. While yes, I can't believe it's already July, and I am SO ready to marry N, I still feel like it's so far away.
You know when people say that knew within a day/week/month/ect that they knew they were meant to be with their significant other? Did you ever scoff at such a statement? I did. Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in true love and soul mates and all that junk, but how could you separate the infatuation for the real thing soooo quickly? What happened when the honeymoon was over and their little ticks started to drive you insane?
My mindset completely changed when I met N.
I dated various guys during my teenage years, and definitely had my heart broken a time or two, or three...but I healed, and moved forward.
Did I ever mention I was kinda dating someone else when N and I started really hanging out? (We both have worked at the same establishment for almost 3 years now. We were introduced but didn't really even have a conversation until about a year later) There was a group of us from work that would go to midnight showings of movies during the summer of 2008. The more I got to know N, the more I realized we had in common, and how much other guy and I did not. After a horribly messy and embarrassing "break-up" with other dude, N and I were almost inseparable.
We ended up moving in together that November. I was waiting for the honeymoon period to end, but honestly, and this may sound corny, I don't think it ever did. While yes, there are things that N does that get under my skin, and I'm sure vice versa, but the good SO outweighs the bad, by far.
We got engaged January 2009.
Now, I was not one of those girls who would zombie crawl a display case full of engagement rings, drool over wedding dresses, and whine about EVERYONE getting married/engaged. I knew I wanted to get married, but didn't really have a set deadline as to when. N was actually the first one to bring it up! I was in Disneyland with my family for a week in December, and it was torture being away from N. I remember he sent me a text that more or less said he'd propose when I got home, if he had a ring.
That made my ears perk up!
He proposed at none other than the movie theater, as we always said that's where we got our start. It was very sweet, and very surprising, even though I knew he had the ring already!
So we've come this far, had a longer engagement because we didn't feel we needed to rush, and so we could save up some cash.
...and now we're 47 days off from our wedding.
maybe time DOES fly, sometimes. :)


Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment