7/22/10

Soooo you DIDN'T want to look like a drag queen?

OK, so my make up trial wasn't that bad, but it made me realize I am just going to suck it up and do my make up myself. The woman who did my consultation was stick thin, and I kept getting the up and down looks from the fellow boutique employees (I had to go to work right after my appt., so I wore my uniform, which consists of white pants that are 3 sizes too big and a white button up shirt. Hawt, right?). But I was determined not to let them make me feel bad about myself. Which is stupid, but it seems like whenever I go to a place like that, I'm getting the third degree judgment looks. My artist, C, kept pushing the airbrush make up on me. No wonder, it's an extra 10 bucks, but it gives "great coverage, and makes you look flawless!" So I tried it. All I could smell was the airbrush on my skin. I don't know if it normally smells that way, but it was really hard for me to not gag. Also, I didn't see too much of a difference in my complexion. I'm very lucky in the way of having good skin.Then C put this HIDEOUS shade of blush on me, from the apple of my cheek almost all the way up to my ear, in a thin stripe. WHAT THE WHAT?!
"Oh, that's not a great shade for you, but we'll do it better next time."
DUH. I LOOK LIKE BOZO THE CLOWN.
In the beginning, I said I wanted a natural look. I barely wear make up, and didn't want to be one of those brides that no one recognizes because they look like they dunked their face in a bucket of eye liner and called it good.
I ended up with purple eyeshadow, clumpy lashes, and thick, smudgy eyeliner because I was too "flinchy." I would like to know how one does NOT flinch when their eyes are closed, and someone is stabbing at them with an angled brush.
Have I mentioned me and my sister both were blessed with the gift of under eye circles?
Thanks, Dad. Well, that was one of the main reasons I wanted my make up professionally done, so I could get perfect under eye coverage. That soooooooooooo didn't happen. I was very unimpressed.
I'll give it to her, the purple did bring the blue out in my eyes, and while I looked very glam, it just isn't me. I know some girls (and boys-lafayette!) can pull that off, but I'm not one of them.
I was originally excited when I left, but the more I thought about it, the more I was uncomfortable with the idea of walking around in this get up all day.
Work was awkward. I could hardly make eye contact with people without feeling like a jack-ass. I couldn't wait to get home and scrub my face in the shower til it returned to it's former self.
I bet you want pictures, don't you? Well, that's just too damn bad. I'll leave you with this though. Remember those pom poms I wanted to make? Well, here's how the first one turned out.
After four attempts, I decided it wasn't worth my time, ha ha! By the way, please forgive my flippy wonko bangs. It was early in the morning.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment