7/2/10

Lost: Brain.

Last seen a few months ago, before it got sucked into the vortex that is anything wedding related. While I'm so proud of myself for trying to do a whole lot of DIY, and staying on a very limited budget, while working 40+ hours a week, there are days where I'd love to have the option to splurge well, anything really. There are also the days that I wish we could just elope and get the damn thing over with.
Today was one of those elope days.
I worked the early shift again today, and it flew right on by! Which was great because afterward N and I had plans to (finally) go purchase his wedding band. Too bad the time flying stopped at around noon. All morning I had been talking about how next Friday, at noon, was my first real dress fitting since I had it brought in for alterations. At 12:05pm, I notice I had voicemail. I had a very pleasant message from my seamstress asking if I was going to be able to make it in today, as it was five after and I had an appointment scheduled today for noon.
WHAT THE WHAT!?
"No, no, silly" I stupidly thought to myself. It's the next Friday, the 9th. I even made sure to ask for the day off and everything! I even wrote it on my little wedding print-out calender at home! I couldn't be wrong, could I?
So I call her, and apologize profusely because I don't want to think I'm some unreliable and/or incompetent ninny. WHY I thought the 9th was the day, I don't know. I was still convinced, even after I talked to her. Luckily for me, she was free at the time I thought I was supposed to be meeting with her next week. After getting off the phone, I was still irked, and my stomach started hurting. Have I mentioned I'm a stress case and have been plagued with horrible anxiety for as long as I can remember?
Thanks, Dad.
So I call N, because it's driving me up the wall, and I just had to know. I ask him to pull up her infoz from my handy-dandy wedding folder, where I've put every piece of info/receipt/contract that involves the wedding.
What do I have written on my appointment card? The 2nd.
What do I have written on my calender? The 2nd.
Who feels like an incompetent ninny? Me.
At least she was nice about the whole thing!
They do say the mind IS the first to go.....

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment