7/9/10

My mom must love me.

Because she bought me THIS:


I had only mentioned this one time, the other week, when I was in a bad funk. I saw it at Michaels and then saw the price tag....and watched the dream flutter away. Luckily my mom is a good bargain hunter, and apparently wants me to be successful. Love you, Mom!
Wondering what the what this is? Well, it's a Cricut Cake, DUH. The gist is you insert the material (gum paste, fondant, ect) you want to use to decorate a cake with, and this bad boy will cut just about ANY shape you desire. This will come in handy if you need a ton of intricate designs, for say a wedding cake, and you just don't have the man power (or time!) to pipe it out. Here are a couple of shots of what Cricuts are capable of.




This is even just the tippy top of the iceberg guys! Do you know how long it would take (and how frustrating it would get) to have to hand pipe that intricate lace pattern?! I'm not saying it can't be done, and I'm not saying people should ONLY use cut out designs, because when something is done hand piped, it can create a beautiful look. I guess one thing I really like about this Cricut is how clean of a line you get from the image.

Nerd alert.

What can I say? I'm passionate about pastry.

In wedding related news, my dress fitting was fabulous!!
She had to take it in two inches because of how loose it fit.
That made for a happy happy Sarah, as that dress fit like a glove when I bought it last year.


Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment