5/29/10

Are you TRYING to turn me into a bridezilla!?

I hope not. However, after the craptastic day I had yesterday, I think it would have been fitting. Too bad I'm always way too nice to people, regardless of how horrible they are to me.
Le sigh.

Remember how positive I was about getting all that wedding stuff done? Yeah. Well, that balloon deflated in about 5 mins after all my errands began.

First, went to the place that I called three different times about printing RSVP cards. I told them what I wanted to do (make my own and have them printed, so I didn't have to use my printer and change all the settings...i.e. less work for Sarah) and I was told all three times, that yes, they could. This business is going to remain anonymous as I wouldn't want to sully their good name copymax since they basically laughed in my face when I brought in my flash drive and cards, like a good little girl. "Oh, sorry. Those are too small, you'll have to take them somewhere else." Too small? These are a standard RSVP card size...yes, I googled it to make sure before I spent FOUR HOURS cutting paper and making it cute and personalized. So there I was, stuck with 80 cards that I wasted time and money making, and had no clue what to do. (My ever-so-awesome mom stepped in that evening and hand-wrote each card. I love her.) I decided that since the place I was considering having my hair done was just around the corner, I'd go over and get a consult with my hairdresser to be, to see what my options were.
Yeah, so after waiting 20 mins to talk to her as she finished with a client, listening to a kid scream bloody murder about not wanting a hair cut, and trying not to choke on the smell that can only be described as "perm", I found out she wasn't even going to be in town the weekend of the wedding. They only have one other person who can do up-dos, and, she wasn't very friendly. Since my wedding party and I are all getting our hurr didz, I didn't see that working. Luckily, my good friend at work, D, has a sis-in-law that does GREAT hair at a very nice salon. I'm hoping to get in touch with her soon for a hair trial!
Then there was my battle with david's bridal.
In a previous post, you'll have noticed that my two bridesmaids are wearing the same style of dress, but in different colors. It was brought to my attention Friday that Jess' dress was the right color, wrong style. I went in to get it fixed, and was told it said in their notes that while she was interested in the halter style....she asked for the different one. Right, Jess wanted the dress that was cut completely weird, and make her look frumpy.
Then when I was given a printout of everyone's info, I noticed that Shella's dress was also the wrong style.....ugh!! Saleslady was nice enough to call California DB and guess what....the same excuse was given for why they had the wrong dress for her! Really guys? You're killing me here. Long story short, everything got fixed, and no one will be showing up naked (hopefully). HOWEVER, the dresses won't be in now until July 9th. Can you say anxiety?

On a brighter note, work was actually a lot of fun today. It also finally stayed sunny longer than a millisecond. Could spring/summer actually be upon us?!


Here's to hoping I don't give myself a huge ulcer.

Until next time,

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment