5/21/10

"You have to bend over and just shove them in there."

That is soooooooooooooooo what she said! I wish (not really) I was kidding, but alas, that is not the case.

Today literally revolved anything and everything that is wedding related. My mom and I needed to hunt down a "wedding" bra since all the strapless ones I have suck. I posted on the knot for suggestions, and other than having cups sewn in my dress, bustier came up a lot.
We went to this little bra specialty place in town, and our search began.

Let me tell you, it was quite the...err....experience. The bustiers I were shown were very pretty, and I thought while they were cool, they aren't necessarily practical for everyday wear. Unless you're lady gaga. They also did not fit very comfortably. The consultant? insisted on being in the room the ENTIRE time to help me into these things, in which I was told to bend over and shove my boobs into. Repeatedly. It didn't help that for some reason she kept bringing me a cup size too small. No matter how hard I tried, it just was not happening. Ladies, I know you know what's it's like to try to squeeze into something you know you aren't going to fit into. Bent over. With a stranger behind you.
We ended up getting a basic beige strapless bra, that had very important qualities. 1. I could breathe in it, and 2. was only 27.00! I say "we" because my mom told me she was going to pay for it, along with my wedding dress alterations, which I had been stressing out about. Go mom!

After we finished up there, we headed to meet the woman I had contacted about wedding dress alterations. N and I decided at the beginning of the year, we were going to try to eat healthier. Upon doing so, we've both each lost about 2o pounds! I'm ecstatic with my weight now, it's right where I want to be. However, I bought my dress last June, so the dress that once fit me like a glove, now could barley stay up on it's own. Cool, but again stressful as I had no idea what alterations cost.
L has been doing alterations on gowns for 20+ years. I'm glad my mom came with me, because I always clam up when I meet new people, and wanted to make sure we weren't going to get swindled! It ended up costing 125 since of COURSE my dress can't be let in on their original seams, since there is so much beading. Or something. I was too enamored with how pretty I looked in my dress, I fell in love with it all over again. :D I have two more fittings scheduled after today, so I can't wait to see how it looks in July!

After THAT, I met N and M (one of N's groomsmen) over @ Men's Warehouse for tux fittin' and orderin'. I'm sure I sounded like a complete idiot since I was informed they did color matching with David's Bridal, but They didn't have all the colors available in the vest pattern we chose. Lame. So while there will be three different bridesmaid dress colors, there will only be two shades of blue for groomsmen vests. Oh, well. Everyone will be looking sharp, especially for the price of 150/suit...ugh.

Anyways, I'm beat. I feel like I didn't even have a day off due to all this silly running around. But it was stuff that needed to get done, and hopefully will be one less thing I need to worry about.

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment