5/8/10

Yeeeaah, about that punch and pie.

Did you REALLY believe that there would be punch and pie?? Clearly you did not see the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. The boys promise punch and pie to get kids to show up to a secret meeting to help save Terrance and Phillip. It didn't go quite as well as they planned, as you'll see in this clip. Oooo youtube.com!


Please don't walk out on me! I have so much to give. :)

Anyways, let's get down to busnizzz, shall we?

I couldn't believe the amount of positive interest there was from my previous blog post! I even have a follower! (shout out to my cheese hustler, T!) I feel like a celebrity, like that Heidi Montag from MTV's the Hills....minus that eerie plastic sheen. And blonde hair. And douche-chill (yes, that's a REAL word) of a husband. heh. Really though, it gives me the motivation to keep this going, so thanks!

As I mentioned before, I'm getting married in August. Since we're trying to keep the costs down, I've been trying to DIY with a lot of the elements of our wedding. That way, we can spend our money on the things we really want, like our fabulous honeymoon to Disneyland! More on that later. One of the biggest DIY projects I was worried about was our wedding invitations. I couldn't justify spending a ridiculous amount of money on fancy-pants paper. I knew in my head how I wanted them to look, I just needed to find just the right paper to pull it off.

Viola! Wait. That's not right. You get the point. Not too shabby right?? The only answer to the question is yes, in case you were wondering. My mom and I found the back paper @BenFranklin Crafts. The vellum overlapping it was another story. I wanted it to be thin enough so you could still see through to the back. I knew it existed SOMEWHERE, as I've used it for projects in the past, but the places around town just didn't have it.
Which meant road trip! My sister, Charizard (what, you don't refer to your favorite sibling as a pokemon?) lives up north near Portland, and I just knew we'd be able to find what I wanted. Thus we ended up at PaperZone. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it! All sorts of great paper and crafty things, for an awesome price. I not only found a thin enough vellum, but found paper to use for our ceremony programs as well. Spent about 40 bucks. Very nice!

Let me tell you though, printing on paper that thin? Somewhat time consuming. Maybe our printer was being difficult, or I was just being too anal about it, but I had to load the vellum in one sheet at a time, and catch it so it wouldn't smudge, then lay it out to dry. I didn't include the wording in the photo, because I want that to be a surprise. N wrote the invite out, and I think it does a great job of setting the tone of our wedding. I still need to hole-punch everything and tie the ribbon through, and address the envelopes, and get RSVP cards printed (construction paper for the win!) stamps might be helpful... but I just have not had the time since I've been back to work.

It's only going to get crazier though. The next couple of weeks are packed! N and I are trying to get an appt. with a loan officer for next Friday, to see how big of a loan we can get for a house, he's also getting fit for his tux! Along with making a couple of cakes for friends at home, celebrating my BFF Jess' birthday, going to see mastodon monday night! and work in between? Wheew. Seeing all that in writing makes me realize all the more how I need to get my butt and gear and get stuff done.

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment