5/13/10

Everything is falling into place.

As far as the wedding is concerned anyways! Which is very, very exciting for me, as I tend to worry about, well, everything.
I have three bridesmaids. Charizard, Jess, and Shella. Char, as I mentioned in a previous post, lives up north, while Shella moved down to California last summer. So trying to get planning done with everyone all over the west coast has been easier said than done, but we've managed. Thanks to the wonders of Facebook and my textaholism, I've been able to send wedding info to everyone, and get feedback pretty quickly. Thanks ladies!
Shella informed me yesterday that she was able to get her dress order in! Not only that but it will be in by June! Huzzah! (We were told originally she'd have to get a rush on it because it wouldn't be in til August, ugh.) Here is what they will be wearing. The colors transcend from blue velvet, to marine, to capri. I didn't want them to be super matchy, so I thought various blues would be fun, and photograh really well. The girls also all look great in them! Woot!
Didn't you know Jess and Shella were twins?? Kidding. Now the"capri" color on the David's Bridal website is NOT the same as the one in the store. It's not nearly as light, so it creates an awesome contrast with the darker blues. Jess and Shella's dresses will also have a white sash tied around the middle, it looks so pretty! We're still figuring out shoes and whatnot, since it'll be outdoor I don't want to make these poor women attempt to walk in stilettos and get their heels stuck in the ground. Suggestions appreciated! (besides, my sister and Shella are amazon height compared to Jess, so they don't need any help when in that department :P )

In other great news, I got a phone call from our florist, Debbie, with a price quote for the flowers! Tell the nice nice readers what you won, dear!

*Bridal bouquet
*Bridesmaids bouquet
*Flower girl wristlet
*Eight boutonnieres
*Two mom corsages
*Toss bouquet
*Petals to scatter before ceremony
*Flowers for the cake (that will match my bouquet)

For the price of.....$263.00!!!!
I was totes expecting to pay at least double that. Debbie does AMAZING work, and completely understood where we were coming from financially, and got us such a wonderful deal....I've been beaming all day. I'd put up some photos for our flower inspiration, but I really need to start working on the invitations, remember? Maybe I'll get around to it later.

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment