5/20/10

Rants and Raves Thursdays!

Hello Lover(s)!

What has two thumbs and is incredibly annoyed at the moment?
THIS GIRL.

A lot of blogs have certain days that have a theme. CakeWrecks has Sunday Sweets where they feature awesomely cute cakes, to show the world there's more to life than falker satherhood! Over at Salt Says... there's Open Letter Thursday. I'm sure you're thinking, enough with the linking already! These are just a couple of my faves and I thought I'd share with you. Besides, I thought I would take a hint from these ladies and try my own special day of the week. Besides, who doesn't LOVE craigslist R&R section?!

We'll see if it lasts.

This edition will be filled with a majority of....rants. Sorry. But thank you for enduring.

Last year, I went to the first annual Oregon Ink Tattoo Convention Expo thingamajig. I'm into tats, piercings, ect. and thought it would be cool to go see other people who are into tats, piercings, ect. and ooo and ahh at who was there, and try to find someone to fix my horrendous tribute tattoo to my late father. Long story, and like with my knee, I'm sure I'll get to it, just give me some time.

Who do I decide to go on this adventure with? MY MOM. She's really cool about that sort of stuff, I mean, she was married to a biker (my dad, obv, aka coolest dad anyone could have ever asked for, RIP) for over 20 years. We weren't really sure what to expect.

Long story short, there were a lot of artists who I talked to, and I did find someone (Rusty @Area51!) to fix my tattoo. I will def go back to get some more when I'm done with this whole wedding business. I also got completely swindled by some eastern oregon place on plugs that I were told were one-of-a-kind. The same plugs that caused my breakdown when I had thought I lost them. They were really pretty, and my mom liked them a lot. What we didn't like was the price tag. 35 bucks. Yuck. No thanks. But I got sweet talked, and with another pair thrown in, I paid about 40 something. I think.

Now, this wouldn't bother me normally, until I was writing bodyartforms.com to find out wtf happened to the order I placed almost a month ago and have yet to receive. (count this as rant #2) I was looking up the name of the style I ordered and stumbled upon this.
Umm. Hi, excuse me. These are the EXACT same plugs that I was told were hand-crafted one-of-a-kind-no-one-in-the-history-of-the-earth-would-wear-but-me. Can you believe this douche-chill! What a guy will do to get a sale. Not only that, but these are sooooo much cheaper on the website! Ugh. I should know now never again to stray from you BAF. That is, until I get my order in! Maybe I should have just sprung for UPS.

Oh btw, my fondant class totes mcgoats got canceled! Which is okay, as we were slammed at work, and I don't even want to imagine how they would have made it through the day without me and the fabulous D (hey girl, heyyyy!)((trust me, they wouldn't have)) so it was probably for the best.

Ready for a rave???
I'm getting my wedding dress altered tomorrow! Waaahhh-hooo! It'll be nice to actually have it fit. After N gets off work, we'll be going and finally getting the tux order in. Don't worry if you're having a little dejah-vu (sp?) because I mentioned that we were doing this last friday. However, when that day actually came, we (N) just weren't feeling up to it.

Hope your Thursday was just as entertaining? as mine was!

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment