5/11/10

A day worth celebrating!



Because it's my BFF Jess' birthday!

We've been friends for nearly ten years now. To which some of you might say big deal, but do the math. We've been friends since we were 12. How many people did you consider to be your friend when you were that age and are STILL great friends with today? Hmm?! Anybody? Yes, yes, I know I'm not the only one, but humor me here.

Jess and I met through a mutual friend of ours. The first thing I'll always remember about J was that she had all this red in her hair. At first I didn't think anything of it, until I heard the story. For halloween she wanted to go as one of her favorite WWF wrestlers (wtf?) so she put some temporary dye in her her that was supposed to wash out. It had been over a week and there were still traces of it in her hair. We were all in band together, but they lived closer to each other, thus it was much easier for them to hang out and ride their razor scooters around, while I had my off-brand one that the handlebars would fall out of, and lived about 2 miles away.
Throughout that school year, Jess and I became pretty fast friends. We always had fun just hanging out, playing MASH, and spending countless hours on the phone. Which is funny, because while we were in middle school, we were both notorious for being very quiet and shy. Jess did beat me out for most shy in our 8th grade poll, but it was very close. :)
Enter High school.
This is where the friendship was supposed to fizzle out right? Not quite. While we definitely had our ups and downs during these four years at Willamette (three for Jess as her family moved sophomore year and she HAD to go to Sheldon...) we managed to stick it out til' senior year.
Now there was a huge misunderstanding that I am not going to go into detail with, as it is irrelevant, and frankly none of your business. Long story short, there was about a year we didn't talk, due to some bad boyfriend issues, but he's out of the picture and Jess and I picked up where we left off.
So here we are, ten years later. She and her daughter Mac moved in about a month ago. It's been pretty awesome having them around, and getting to know this bright 3 year old girl a little better. Through thick and thin, I know I'll always be able to count on Jess. She's there to listen when I need to vent, has a shoulder when I need to cry on one, and someone who I will always be able to say "remember the time when....(insert horribly embarrassing story here)" and get a laugh.

Happy birthday Jessie! I love you so much!


Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment