5/10/10

Happy Monday!

Hey errybaudy.

I literally just got home, and have been going since 7:30 this morning.
Went to work where it was non-stop crazy drama, which at this point, isn't even worth explaining, because I'll just get worked up all over again. Let's just say, it was one of THOSE days.
After getting home and having a mini breakdown tantrum (it had been a loooong day) I was ready to go see Mastodon with N and a couple of our close friends.

It was a good solid 5 hours of music, and very entertaining.
The first band, Valient Thorr(who originally had brownie points with me for having my dog's name in the band)was god awful. They had a song called "the tomorrow police". Don't worry, it was as silly as it sounds. They were also the kind of band where the singer just looooves to hear himself speak. It was really annoying. They also put a big emphasis on the word party in just about everything they said. Just makes my brain hurt thinking about it!
The second band, and my personal favorite of the night, was a little jewel called Baroness. I had never listened to them before, but they were excellent live! Great stage presence, not too heavy, but really really nice. Highly recommend it if you're into heavier music.
The third band, between the buried and me, was really good. They're one of my favorites to listen to, although they have songs that are as long as 14 mins. Their vocalist also plays keyboard, and was pretty cute. (tee-hee)
At this point into the evening, I'm exhausted, trying not to overheat, or choke on the stale smell of beer and weed.
Mastodon finally comes on stage(yay)! N and I went to a show they did in Portland this last October, and it was excellent. They didn't have much of a soundcheck before they came on tonight, and I wish they would have...the mic was so loud for the first few songs it was all you could really hear were vocals. We were pretty sure the band had been drinking earlier, as one of the guitarists was stumbling and singing incoherently...it was somewhat disappointing, compared to the previous performance.

All and all it was a good time. There was this older guy sitting a few rows ahead of us who was really into mastodon, as in, air guitar and dancing. Pretty sure he pounded 4 beers in about 10 mins....

So while I'm cutting it close, I still kept up with my one-a-day blog promise to myself, yay me! So forgive any misspellings you might come across, we can just blame that on my sleep delirium, okay!

Until next time,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment